- Agricultural & Horticultural Exemptions
- Disability Exemption
- Homestead Exemption
- Nonprofit & Religious Organization Exemptions
According to Kentucky’s Constitution, property owners who have been declared permanently and totally disabled for the previous twelve (12) months by any public or private retirement system may be eligible for the disability exemption. If you are eligible, the amount of the exemption is subtracted from your property’s assessed value – so you will pay less property tax.
To qualify as a “disabled” taxpayer, the individual must meet ALL of the following four requirements:
1. Taxpayer must both own and occupy the property as his/her permanent residence.
2. The taxpayer must have been classified as totally disabled under a program authorized or administered by the Federal Government or by any other retirement system- it does not matter if the retirement system is located in Kentucky or outside the state- on January 1st of the year in which the application is made and maintain the disability classification through December 31st.
3. The taxpayer must be receiving disability payments pursuant to that disability classification.
4. An annual application for the disability exemption must be filed with the PVA office by December 31st EVERY YEAR.
Please remember in order to continue to receive the Disability Exemption you are required to submit an affidavit every year by December 31st verifying that you have maintained the classification of 100% disabled during the entire applicable tax year. You should receive the affidavit from our office by early December.
Kentucky law requires that every person who receives the disability exemption must reapply each year with the Property Valuation Administrator. For 2014, the exemption amount is $36,000.
Application Procedure- It is easy to apply! Simply mail the following to the Office of the Boone County PVA. Please note on the outside of the envelope, “Disability Exemption”.
You can download and complete these forms on your computer. For your convenience you may email the completed form to email@example.com. Please be sure that you include the name of the form in the subject line of your email to ensure that it gets properly routed within the administration.
Property is assessed per KRS 132.20 on January 1st of each year. The data listed on our website reflects the most current data available to the PVA office. If you believe any data provided is inaccurate, or if you have any comments about this site, we would like to hear from you.
While the Office of the Property Valuation Administrator has attempted to ensure that the data contained in this file is accurate and reflects the property’s characteristics, the PVA makes no warranties, expressed or implied, concerning the accuracy, completeness, reliability, or suitability of this data. The PVA does not assume any liability associated with the use or misuse of this data.
Data last updated: 08/27/2014
The Florence Family Aquatic Center is a premier facility that contains a lazy river, competition pool, zero depth area, two spray grounds, a spiral and a speed slides, sunbathing areas, shelters, funbrellas, bathhouse and concessions area. It is located at the south end of the Florence Government Center complex. For more information about the center please visit http://www.florence-ky.gov
Burlington Office Hours
Monday, Thursday, Friday: 8:30am - 4:30pm
Tuesday, Wednesday: 8:30 - 6:00pm
Florence Office Hours
Motor Vehicle and Homestead Issues ONLY
Monday - Friday: 8:30 - 4:30pm
Phone (859) 334-2181
Fax (859) 334-2126
Our website is a work in progress and if you find you are missing information please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org